Monday, July 30, 2007

Google My Maps + Tennis?

I located most of the tennis courts I've played on logged them into Google Maps.

I found out the system they have for linking to maps only allows you to link to one map at a time. I will post links to the tennis map and to my personal recommendations for food and entertainment.

About the tennis maps, I was thinking it would be a good idea to come up with a website that would allow people to submit their own knowledge of tennis courts across the country. Then have some way to moderate the additions and just run it like a free service to traveling tennis fans. Then wherever you are you could pull up a map to free courts around the nation and get info about them. Sounds time consuming, but it might be a valid idea. If anyone has comments about it I'd be happy to hear them.

Take a look at this map. It would be very useful if I decide to populate it. The real challenge is figuring out how to allow users to submit their court info.
Tennis Courts

I'll add this link to the right and update the old "My Maps" link as well.

2 comments:

jamesphumphrey said...

Check out tennismaps.com. It has a growing list of cities completely mapped.

Anonymous said...

Also check out tournamentmaps.com for maps of USTA tennis tournaments around the country. The main usta.com site also has a tennis court finder.