Monday, August 27, 2007

Now Alberto Gonzales Resigns?

Is something even more amiss than usual in the White House?

When Rove resigned I figured he wanted to distance himself as much as possible from the current failure of a white house and move on with his political career.

Now we have Gonzales resign. He doesn't really have a political career ahead of him. I'd say he's ruined, so why resign? Is he just enough of a tool that he's being let go to earn a few points in the polls? Or is he actually a liability. How does an administration continue to remain credible when so many things are going wrong and high level officials are leaving. Is the whole thing going to to come crashing down soon?

When investing, it's often a good idea to sell the stock if a major exec leaves (If I held stock in this administration I would have sold it a long time ago). I consider this a sign that something is wrong, a moment of weakness perhaps, and I think that someone needs to get in there and prove it (Democrats).

No comments: