Friday, October 19, 2007

Buddha Bar

I'd like to recommend a group of albums that I have really enjoyed over the past few years. The entire Buddha Bar Series of Albums. Buddha Bar 1 - 8, all 2-disc sets. It's a world / jazz / house / lo-fi / chill compilation of music mixed together.

It is perfect background music for relaxing, studying, meditating, reading, subway drown-out etc. These albums got me through many tough nights of pre-exam cramming in school. In fact I think my brain is so accustomed to these albums that it kicks into another gear when I put them on. My work breaks occur during my favorite parts of certain songs, and I just kick back for a moment and listen.

There are so many languages and styles of music represented, they always remind me how big the world really is.

1 comment:

amy said...

I dig the Buddha Bar more from experience being there... I don't think I have any of the albums. Could I bother you to burn a sample?