Friday, October 19, 2007

Entrepreneurship Quick Notes

According to some US government statistics: (I pulled these from a speech)
  • 70% of college graduates will start a business at some point in their careers

  • In the baby boomer generation each worker held an average of 4 jobs by age 65
    In our generation each worker holds 4 jobs by the time they are 30

  • 50% of the jobs in the current US economy are in firms that are less than 5 years old.

    And to end it nicely, I have a Bush Quote on entrepreneurship. "The problem with the French economy, is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur" (he he he)

    To be fair, there is some debate that he did not really say this.

    But if that's false I'll give you three more Bushisms: (sorry, couldn't resist)
    1. “I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well.”
    2. “Most imports are from outside of the country”
    3. “You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.”
  • 1 comment:

    amy said...

    My favorite recent Bushism:

    "Childrens do learn."

    Classic.