Friday, October 12, 2007

Taskbar Manager

Here is a program that incorporates a function I think windows should definitely have added. Taskbar Manager lets you move around the tabs on your taskbar into more logical groupings. I hate when I close outlook (it happens) and then open it to find it at the end of my tasks, I want it on the top left of my taskbar and sometimes I close every other program open to get it there (depends on my mood).

This program will do that, and I'd encourage you to visit their site where you too can learn that if you write a blog post they will give you the program or free! : )

While you're at it you might want to download the Alt-Tab Replacement power toy. It gives a view of each web page in the alt-tab menu, much like the Mac OS does.

Enjoy

3 comments:

amy said...

I love that you take these things and make them available to the general reading public -- those of us that might not have come across them otherwise.

That said, you're a total nerd. ;)

Hey! There's trivia up on my blog! Take a stab at it! :)

Anonymous said...

Windows Vista gives you a preview of the window when you hover your mouse over it in the taskbar, and has the "Aero" interface for switching between applications.

Upgrade your system buddy ;)

Benton said...

I'll probably get Vista on the home machine in the near future, but I don't know when they'll upgrade our work machines. I use the taskbar app at work all the time.