Wednesday, January 2, 2008

iPhone Password Manager

Having one device for everything, and having all that info backed up on my computer makes me kind of excited. Phone / camera / music / podcasts / internet (you get the point). Now I want the connection with all of these products to be seamless and I want a guarantee that I won't lose all the hard work. 2 external hard drives for media is a must. I also use every feature on Google Mobile as well. (Search, Maps, Gmail, Calendar, Docs, News, Photos, Reader, Blogger, Notebook). Brilliant job Google.

The Password Manager
I often have problems remembering all of my passwords and login names and want to add this to the list of things my iPhone can do for me.

The most promising app is from eWallet.
See a good blog post on it here.

I feel comfortable enough with this app to upload my credit card and financial info. Unfortunately it is only in beta at this time, but I will keep an eye on its progress.

For now I found jkpassword.com. It is a nice web app and seems secure. I couldn't find any internet complaints on it, but I don't trust it as much as eWallet. One downside is that it only allows 8 free entries. I'm using it for now and just putting multiple passwords in each entry. It works quite well for your everyday password storage, and it loads like a breeze on a mobile device.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

How about iphonelockbox?
http://code.google.com/p/iphonelockbox/

I, too, have been searching for something similar to KeePass Password Manager, which I've been using forever on my PocketPC, for the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Good luck,
Matthew

Unknown said...

what about LogOnce
They have password manager for iPhone.
I have their toolbar and it synchronizes perfectly with my iPhone.
here is a link : http://www.logonce.com/toolbar/iphone.htm

Unknown said...

Have you checked iAccounts?

It comes with FREE BACKUP AND RESTORE for MAC and WINDOWS. It's free and you can download the backup app from the company website at www.venticentostudio.com.

I have tried many password managers and this one has flexible record structure, custom fields, groups, etc. and a great UI, very Apple-like. It comes at a great price too!